HAVO,, Gymnasium,, paramedical education and study costume history.
Member of Club Chapeau Passion de France.
Registered as a designer at the Keunstwurk Foundation Friesland.
Hillegonda Hoogvliet- Nijdam is a professional hat designer since 1994.
After having worked for years in healthcare she made a career switch.
She got the millinery education from Harry Scheltens in Amsterdam who was hatter for Queen Beatrix for almost 30 years.
All her hats are unique and hand made.
Only quality materials are used but also unconventional materials are processed at which in her work she sometimes uses an unexpected detail.
Her designs are trendy, stylish and mathematically as also fanciful and romantic. Many of her free work shows her love for expression and theatrical design that recently manifested in succesful educational projects to develop art and design at primary, secundary and high schools.
Both in France and Italy she won several designer awards.
- Gives lectures about her profession as a hat designer, the history of the hat through the ages, dressing etiquette, style and manners.
- Guest lecturer at various courses for secundary and higher vocational education.
- Together with several Hospitals Hillegonda is giving help and advice to ladies who have temporarily lost their hair by chemotherapy treatments.
- Provides professional hat shows.
- Works freelance for theatre productions.
- Provides style and fashion advice.
She has gained national fame in Holland and designed hats for many yeaers for Dutch fashion designers like Sheila de Vries, Mart Visser and Ronald Kolk.
Designing hats is for Hillegonda not just a profession, but became a style of life.
Ready to wear and haute mode Hillegonda Hoogvliet Hats Drachtster hooiweg 37a 9213 VG De Wilgen Holland
tel +31 512 524 764 email email@example.com
This post is also available in: Dutch